Astral Aerial Solutions makes finals for IATA 2017 Air Cargo Innovation awards
The second edition of the IATA Air Cargo Innovation Awards received 46 entries from across the industry from small start-up companies to large multinational corporations and this year Astral Aerial Solutions has made the list.
Submissions covered a wide-range of topics including drones, ULDs, special cargo and dangerous goods.
The finalists, in no particular order are:
• Astral Aerial Solutions – UTM Concept for Africa (Kenya)
• Etihad Cargo – Smart Electric Cool Dolly (United Arab Emirates)
• Gate chain – Redefining trade with block chain (Switzerland)
• Jettainer – Innovative Decision Support System (DSS): synergies from big data and expert system technology for ULD management (Germany)
• OpenAirlines – SkyBreathe Fuel Efficiency (France)
The finalists will present their project at the 11th IATA World Cargo Symposium in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Delegates will then vote for their preferred innovation and the winner will receive USD 20,000 during the conference’s closing plenary on the 16th of March 2017.
IATAs global head of cargo Glyn Hughes, said: “The success of the first IATA Innovation Awards in 2015 affirmed to us this was something worthwhile for the industry. The second edition has exceeded our highest expectations with the quality and variety of the submissions. Innovation holds the key to industry development, suitability and success and we are committed to unlocking its potential.”